walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

34th before 34

34th before 34

Postby KatTai » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Route description: Meall Chuaich, Drumochter

Munros included on this walk: Meall Chuaich

Date walked: 25/05/2018

Time taken: 4.15 hours

Distance: 14 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I turn 34 next week :shock: and only one Munro away from 34 I picked Meall Chuaich. It sounded simple, and it was following the clear track to a turning just before the loch the route up the Munro clear to be seen. The path disappears among the rocks in a few places but bits of path usually soon came into view and there is a cairn visible and others dotted along the route. The summit cairn was huge! On the way down several hare ran around below us but there wasn't much else to see and the views weren't particularly great because of the haze. Not the most exciting walk but a quick and easy one to get myself back on track. Unfortunately though just before the summit I started getting pain in my ankle. I've used the same boots for just over two years so not sure what is going on there but heading down was painful to the point that bum-sliding down some bits was the least painful option and it was a relief to get back to the flat track. Ice was needed when I got back home. Fortunately it isn't too bad today but it's a bit of a concern for future walks.

1.jpg

2.jpg
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland