walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Room With A View

A Room With A View

Postby pollyh33 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr

Date walked: 26/05/2018

Time taken: 13 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Big thanks to Gammy and Debs for inviting me along on their mission to finally conquer their remaining hills in Fisherfield.

Dinner at the Whistlestop Café was smashing and fuelled us well for our 3 hour walk into FF.

We had the beach to ourselves at Lochan Fada and thanks to earplugs and an eyemask I was asleep in my wee tent by 20.30.

An early wake up at 3.30 and away walking by 4.20 into the freezing cold morning mist. This burned off by 7.00 and at 8.00 we were on top on the viewtastic A'Mhaighdean.

A wonderful but challenging walk followed but it was absolutely smashing and also included bumping into 3 guys who had been at Glen Brutal YH 6 years ago at the same time as me, Ron and Andy. Still waiting on the chicken dinner they promised me!!!

Our descent back to the tents was made easier by a fantastic path leading right onto the beach. All that was required now was a long walk out to the cars and then an interesting drive home (via Burger King of course).
f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f3.jpg
f4.jpg
f5.jpg
f6.jpg
f7.jpg
f8.jpg
f9.jpg
f10.jpg
f11.jpg
f12.jpg
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland