walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Change from a Munro to a Cioch

A Change from a Munro to a Cioch

Postby sunshine65 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Date walked: 29/05/2018

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 720m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I have been on this site for a while and my old username was Sunshine60 I am trying to do all the Munro’s but fancied a change so it was off to the Cioch in Skye it was something I always wanted to do but at 66 the old power is fading but my confidence was high as I was going to do it with Jonah Jones & Cat who manages the Old Inn Carbost a good climber as well so I looked forward to the day and the weather was great.

To cut a long story short it was brilliant and I was knackered at the end of it but what a massive high it was also to be honest harder for me than the Pin probably the 4 hour climb all pumped up my arms like the rubber man.

After completing 250 Munro’s this is my first real post so after I stopped being lazy it feels good to contribute ant to be fair some of the guys posts are brilliant and photos superb so it’s all been done before.

I retired last week so there is every chance I will complete my round of 282 but what I treasure the most is the mates I have made and the banter over a pint at the end of the days walking.

In the vid I pant a lot I was just tired anyway hope you enjoy
sunshine65
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:25
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland