walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgurr nan Eag, Sgurr Dubh Mor and Sgurr Alasdair

Sgurr nan Eag, Sgurr Dubh Mor and Sgurr Alasdair

Postby jdmoore » Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Alasdair, Sgùrr Dubh Mòr, Sgùrr nan Eag

Date walked: 22/05/2018

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1281m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Day 2 and a very welcome change in conditions :crazy: . Luckily I bought two pairs of boots as my boots from Day 1 (and everything else I wore) were soaked.

We started at the Glen Brittle campsite. The path is excellent pretty much all the way up to Coire a' Ghrunnda (although still waterlogged from the previous day).

The views were outstanding all day. Especially looking back towards the see and the Isle of Rum and Eigg. The Coire was also spectacular like a big amphitheater.

The scrambling was great and not too challenging. The highlight for me was the airy summit of Sgurr Alasdair which give a great feeling of exposure with big drops into the great stone chute.

Descending the chute was quite short but challenging to stay upright.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

GPS_2018-05-22_081015.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

jdmoore
Mountain Walker

Munros:80   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland