walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ledi awesome views but forgot my boots lol

Ben Ledi awesome views but forgot my boots lol

Postby cjcm1980 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Route description: Ben Ledi

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Ledi

Date walked: 30/05/2018

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 799m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We got to the place to park the car and as I went to put my boots on this was the moment I realised that I had actually left my boots in my kitchen :shock: so wearing only a pair of Nikes I still decided to carry on regardless with it being a lovely day and the weather report being good for the whole day. The ascend at the beginning was very steep and hard going but then levelled out a bit and then another steep climb. When we’re half way up we started to get great views of Ben Arthur (the Cobbler) Ben Lomond and the Arrochar alps. Just at this point the path was full of lose stones which with me being only a pair of old Nike’s with no grip made it quite challenging at times but as we passed the memorial to sgt Harry Laurie of the Killin mountain rescue team and on to the trig point we were greeted by the most amazing views with it being a bright clear day we could see most of the southern highlands and the trossachs which was just breath taking. So we then had some food and watched a stag running through the glen below us feeling blessed. We then started to make our decent down stank glen at this point I had more issues with Just wearing Nike’s as the going was steep and was full of loose stones I was relieved to get back onto some firm ground and with my buddy slagging me the whole time for forgetting my boots it made it even more fun. On the way back down towards the road we came across a part which had been logged and the ground was a bit uneven here and we had to take extra care but after that it was plane sailing all the way back to care and back home to find my boots still waiting where I had left them :lol: . But this is an awesome walk and I loved every minute of it and will definitely do it again on a nice day just for the views which were incredible.
cjcm1980
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland