walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A royal treat

A royal treat

Postby James59 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Route description: The Balmoral Cairns, Balmoral, Crathie

Date walked: 09/06/2018

Time taken: 0.75 hours

Distance: 2 km

Ascent: 100m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ok. I didn't have time to do the entire hike while we were visiting Balmoral, but I did want to get a photo of the castle from above. I only wish I'd had more time to wander through the beautiful woods here. What a fantastic spot. As I walked—without seeing another soul—I envied the members of the royal family who are able to go for trail runs on their own property! Lucky them.
Attachments
IMG_4880 copy.JPG

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

James59
Rambler

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland