walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Friday evening on a windy Wyvis

Friday evening on a windy Wyvis

Postby bacon1981 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 am

Route description: Ben Wyvis, near Garve

Munros included on this walk: Ben Wyvis

Date walked: 22/06/2018

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Headed up to Garve after work, left the Ben Wyvis car park at 5:45.
The weather was mild was some slight cloud as I got further up the track a black cloud was hanging around the summit. A lovely walk through the woods while you follow the burn, a lot of work has been put into building this track and the stepped stones further up the hill.
I met a man on his way home who warned me about the wind at the top, he definitely wasn't kidding it was blowing a hoolie. I'm not sure if I walked from the first cairn or got blown over to the trig point. Despite the wind the visibility was excellent and the views all round were amazing. Only stayed at the top long enough for a photo and then beat a hastie retreat to lower ground.
Back to the car park at 21:15 then headed down the road with the windows open to try and low the midgies out.
bacon1981
Mountaineer

Munros:122   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland