walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beautiful day at the Loch Lochy Two.

Beautiful day at the Loch Lochy Two.

Postby summerhill » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:22 am

Route description: Loch Lochy Munros from Kilfinnan

Munros included on this walk: Meall na Teanga, Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh

Date walked: 24/06/2018

Time taken: 4.35 hours

Distance: 19 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Left Musselburgh at 5.30am and arrived at the empty Kilfinnan car park at 8.50. A beautiful morning blue sky all round. Set off at 9.00am. I had taken a bike with me to save time on the walk in and out. A good decision. I cycled the 2.4mls to the start of the track that takes you up through the trees and onto the lovely Cam Bhealach. Navigation for this route is pretty basic and straightforward. There are paths to follow on both Munros. The zig zag path going up Ghairbh is a blessing.
I decided to go up Ghairbh first . The view from the top looking towards Loch Ness was excellent. Straight back down to the Bhealach then up Teanga . It looks like it could be a long hall to the top but it's deceptively quick. I don't think it took me much more than 35 minutes. Again excellent views across to Ben Nevis.
The walk back down to the track where I left the bike was very enjoyable.
I picked the day of the walk to coincide with England's world cup game. Again a good choice, I had the place to myself, never saw another soul until I returned to the car park 4hrs35min after I left. There's enough room for about 5 cars.
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Munros:276   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland