walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Speedy up and down

Speedy up and down

Postby padster7651 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Route description: Ben Wyvis, near Garve

Munros included on this walk: Ben Wyvis

Date walked: 29/06/2018

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started this walk at 6:50am with intention of taking my time getting to the summit. As my wife wasn't with me on this walk I motored on reaching the summit in about 2 hours. It isn't an easy climb up. As you get closer to An Cabar there are steps which just seem to go on forever. This had to be the hardest bit of the ascent. As I approached the summit of An Capar I broke through the clouds and I was given the pleasure of some glorious views of what looked like cotton wool resting around the peaks that you could see miles away.
I am unable to upload photo's shame.
The walk its self is well worth doing if only to say you have done it but the view is breath taking.

The climb down is still challenging with the steps having to be carefully negotiated.

Enjoy.
padster7651

Munros:2   
Grahams:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland