walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Rise of the Sithe

Rise of the Sithe

Postby litljortindan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Date walked: 24/06/2018

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 5 km

Ascent: 330m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Never too keen on the warm weather or pollen but managed a short walk to Meall an t-Sithe. Not much of a destination in itself but good views and an enjoyable wee walk. Would be boggy in the wet though.
Thought I had the top to myself and only realised after about ten minutes that there was a couple sat a short distance away. Maybe it was their sitting in the relative shade, the colour of their clothing or their quietness but I was quite disconcerted by my lack of observation.
Anyway, managed to escape the hottest part of the day and made it back to the car relatively sneeze-free.

ImageDSC08998 by John Little, on Flickr
Not the quickest route but at least maintains the illusion of easy walking for a few minutes.

ImageDSC09000 by John Little, on Flickr
Sgurr nan Each.

ImageDSC09041 by John Little, on Flickr
Beinns Dearg.

ImageDSC09042 by John Little, on Flickr
An Teallach.

ImageDSC09047 by John Little, on Flickr

ImageDSC09052 by John Little, on Flickr
Road of destitution and view of Culs Beag and Mor.

ImageDSC09056c2 by John Little, on Flickr

ImageDSC09072 by John Little, on Flickr
Lots of bog cotton.

ImageDSC09075 by John Little, on Flickr

ImageDSC09086 by John Little, on Flickr
Slioch.

ImageDSC09087 by John Little, on Flickr
Ben Eighe.

ImageDSC09111 by John Little, on Flickr
litljortindan
Mountaineer

Munros:115   Corbetts:58
Grahams:28   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland