walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Chabhair

Beinn Chabhair

Postby wkoszyk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Route description: Beinn Chabhair, from Inverarnan

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Chabhair

Date walked: 08/07/2018

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 900m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My first walk in Highlands. Definitely not the last one.

We've started at about 9am from slightly different place than on walkhighlands because the ascent was a liitle bit easier, GPX attached. Unfortunately after about 600masl there was a huge mist and no views at all. When I was descending clouds went up so I have a chance to take some more shots.

Walk is not very hard. I haven't been preparing for it at all, just few even easier walks in my home country (PL). It can be easily done in under 5 hours. I think I would be able to be about 30 mins quicker but I made lots of breaks for photos :) As it was my first walk I was worried that in Scotland there are no marked paths but the path is clear and with small help from GPX from walkhighlands it's not a problem.

If you have any more questions about that walk feel free.
Attachments
IMG_8072-Edit.jpg
IMG_8069-Edit.jpg
IMG_8064-Edit.jpg
IMG_8061-Edit.jpg
IMG_8033-Edit.jpg
IMG_8032-Edit.jpg
IMG_8022-Edit.jpg
IMG_8012-Edit.jpg
IMG_8009-Edit.jpg
IMG_8006-Edit.jpg
IMG_7982-Edit.jpg
IMG_7973-Edit.jpg
IMG_7966-Edit.jpg
IMG_7959-Edit.jpg
IMG_7948-Edit.jpg
IMG_7947-Edit.jpg
IMG_7946-Edit.jpg
IMG_7943-Edit.jpg
IMG_7942-Edit.jpg
IMG_7941-Edit.jpg
IMG_7940-Edit.jpg
IMG_7936-Edit.jpg

RK_gpx _2018-07-08_0932.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

wkoszyk

Munros:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland