walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - bridge at north end of Loch Ordie

CCP - bridge at north end of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

Date walked: 15/07/2018

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 18.8 km

Ascent: 237m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I seem to be struggling with motivation at the moment. The alarm goes off early, I get up, feed the cats and then seem to end up back in bed then I'm grumpy later in the day as I didn't go for a walk.

Due to my "motivational shortfall" this was only my 2nd walk since my long distance walk in June.

Early Sunday morning, overcast, no breeze, 18 degrees at 6:30am and flies everywhere (at least it was just flies).

With the usual number of overnighters in the car park i set off up the track taking a dozen flies with me.

In the close conditions it wasn't long before I was working up a sweat as I pressed on to Mill Dam in 34 mins, Raror Lodge in 56:48 and the bridge at the far end of Loch Ordie in a very respectable 01:30. There were 3 vehicles by the side of the track at the loch and what looked like a large family camping out and the obvious camping spot at the head of the loch.

At 01:30 to the half way point and most of the climbing done I decided to go for it on the way back and look to record my fastest time of the year.

I kept up a good pace all the way back, only faltering a bit on the areas of the track where new stones have been deposited to fill the holes as these areas are quite rogh and hard on the feet. I new I was quick on the way back but I was still surprised to see I had completed the return leg in 01:23 giving me a total time of 02:53 with a moving average of exactly 4mph. This was 10 minutes quicker than my fastest 2018 time and only 3 minutes off my PB set in August 2018. The work on the exercise bike must be paying off.

I hope it's not another 2 weeks before my next walk.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland