walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lady Hunter Blairs Walk

Lady Hunter Blairs Walk

Postby Wisebaldman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Route description: Lady Hunter Blair's walk, Straiton

Date walked: 16/07/2018

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 3.25 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi, the Guide says that there’s ‘a path squeezed between the field boundary fence and a hedge’ this seems to have gone so I walked up the hill to the small car park, it’s about 0.3 miles ish. There’s a council sign saying that the lower bridge has collapsed and is closed. So I had a look and the bridge is indeed in need of some TLC, you’d only fall about 6 feet to be fair, but as we’ve had no rain for ages i was able to cross the burn using some well placed stones to the side of the bridge.
Wisebaldman
Ambler

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland