walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben a’an

Ben a’an

Postby briando28 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Route description: Ben A'an

Date walked: 06/07/2018

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 3.7 km

Ascent: 340m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Wow man this was the first time we went hillwalking coz some website said it was a starter hill. If that was a starter hill then I’m my aunties granny. Don’t get me wrong what a beautiful walk but it’s not for the light hearted coz it’s pretty steep an pretty exhausting but defo worth the sense of achievement and views at the top. I really wouldn’t start here as an amateur but defo give it a go
briando28
Mountaineer

Re: Ben a’an

Postby johnscot55 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm one of the least experienced people on this site, so not greatly qualified to give advice, but I would say Ben A'an is a great walk to give anyone just beginning, or not used, hillwalking, the feel if the pastime is for them. I'm sure it must have inspired many to bigger hills.
johnscot55
Mountain Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:8   

Re: Ben a’an

Postby matt_outandabout » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 pm

John is right - great hill, I hope it inspires you to more...
matt_outandabout
Wanderer

Munros:81   Corbetts:29
Fionas:22   Donalds:26
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:191
Wainwrights:176   Islands:28

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland