walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Myar and Driesh

Myar and Driesh

Postby csimbad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Route description: Mayar and Driesh, Glen Clova

Munros included on this walk: Driesh, Mayar

Date walked: 13/11/2010

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 991m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Early start to make it up to Glen Doll car park arriving at 8am with no one else around. Headed off up through the forest walks until it opened out to the Corrie Fee (what a view). After taking a few pics I headed up the path to the summit of the Mayar, moved on quickly as I could not see much anyway as the cloud and snow arrived so headed onwards to Driesh summit. It did offer to clear up at one point but by the time I got to Driesh summit it had closed in again so headed on down the side of Shank of Drumfollow. Just as I was at the forest walk to head back when I looked back all cloud had cleared off the summits (gutted) never the less still enjoyed very much. Arrived back at the car park at 12.30pm. Great walk will be sure to head up there again sometime. :)

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG00408.jpg
IMG00360.jpg
IMG00362.jpg
IMG00367.jpg
IMG00368.jpg
IMG00372.jpg
IMG00373.jpg
IMG00376.jpg
IMG00385.jpg
IMG00387.jpg
IMG00388.jpg
IMG00389.jpg
IMG00395.jpg
IMG00400.jpg
IMG00404.jpg
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Munros:193   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Myar and Driesh

Postby Merry-walker » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:01 pm

ah fond memories, glad you made it up :D
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby mountain coward » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 pm

He? didn't make it up... he was there, honest! :lol:

Superb hills those two - one of my fave walks so far. The weather did similar to me. The cloud was right down to the treetops when I peeped out the bunkhouse in the morning so I didn't bother taking my camera. Of course, after I'd done Dreish (I went the other way round but same route) and Mayar in the clag, when I descended to the spectacular Corrie Fee it was a lovely day :( But it was nice just to see it and, as I fully intend to drag the famous Richard up those, I'll definitely be doing them again! :D

Quite a bit of snow on those... already! :o
mountain coward

Postby csimbad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Yes definitely one to remember and sure to make a return visit hopefully in the spring/summer just the drive down wasn,t to good took a lot of back roads to get to Glen Doll, think I will stick to main roads the next time even if it is a bit longer. Snow it was around a foot deep in parts some parts were fine to walk on the rest you just fell through, not so good going up good fun going down. :)
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Munros:193   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland