walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glenfinnan 2

Glenfinnan 2

Postby summerhill » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Route description: Sgurr Thuilm and Sgurr nan Coireachan

Munros included on this walk: Sgurr nan Coireachan (Glenfinnan), Sgurr Thuilm

Date walked: 21/07/2018

Time taken: 5.3 hours

Distance: 23 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A quick to the point report. Parked car in small car park next to NTS car park. I got there 8.50 4 cars in car park big enough for a dozen cars. Cycled along the private road until I got to just past the bothy. 95% of the road is tarred. It certainly makes for a shorter day.i did the circuit as described in the WH route. It took 2 hrs from leaving the car to be standing on the summit of Thuilm. Another 85 min took me to the summit of Sgurr Nan Coireachan. Most of the way round is a faint track or easy to follow fenceposts. Its a wee bit scrambly on the initial decent of Sgur nan Coireachan but not too bad. Back at the car at 2.20. Car park Jammed full. Great day out would certainly do it again.
Attachments
OI000033.jpg
Mist and cloud.
OI000032.jpg
Kind of sums up the weather misty and atmospheric.
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Munros:260   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland