walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Ime, Beinn Nanairn, Cobbler

Beinn Ime, Beinn Nanairn, Cobbler

Postby gconnal » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Beinn Narnain

Corbetts included on this walk: The Cobbler

Date walked: 06/08/2018

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 1450m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

What a great day! Starting off from the car park in Succoth (not the first one you get to if coming from Tarbet) and quite clear where to go across the road. The route through the undergrowth was fairly clear but as I started passing / going over old concrete blocks from old hydro works, I knew I was on my way. Up and up and up - the path did peeter out eventually at a grassy bit but a wee walk to the side meant we could see where we were supposed to go. It got pretty rocky after that with some interesting ones to get up and over. Unfortunately pretty foggy at the top and the way down was a bit of guess by going straight forward and luckily seeing works on a path further below.

Ben Ime was pretty straight forward - a gradual ascent but pretty boggy in parts - again the top was covered in fog.

But then the sky started to clear and the Cobbler looked free of cloud so in my madness I thought that since I was going past anyway... The only thing was that it was busy! not quite as calm as the others with one lady even doing facetime while at the top...

a good wee day out and in only 5.5 hours, not too bad!
gconnal
Mountaineer

Munros:72   Corbetts:5
Fionas:6   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland