walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A washing machine drum lampshade

A washing machine drum lampshade

Postby Coop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Route description: Sgurr Choinnich and Sgurr a'Chaorachain

Munros included on this walk: Sgurr a'Chaorachain, Sgurr Choinnich

Date walked: 13/08/2018

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 20 km

Ascent: 1230m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Didnt get up here until 1am. Slept in the car in the forest car park for a few hours.
Walking at 20 to 8.
Along past the 1st wire bridge and cut down at the wee cairn. Wasn't messing about with the 2nd wire bridge so a place to cross was sought and found.
Not too wet.
Up on the good track till it peter's to a path up to the beallach. Sgurr Choinnich showed glimpses of how good it would look on a clear day - but alas....
Only a short descent - no more than 140m then up to Sgurr a'chaorrachain.
Steep descent on a wet misty hill - care taken.
As i descended i aimed for what looked like a white bridge over the stream - and I kept aiming for it. And when I got to it; it was - white water!!!
Managed to boulder hop across and a decent walk back and check in at Gerrys!

In my opinion - anybody who goes on the hills should be made to sign a form- not one that says take a map or water or wear boots - if should say " I promise to visit Gerrys at some point on my walking ventures" ; just to see that lampshade; and experience what a proper hostel is like :wink:
Cheers
Coop
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:109
Grahams:48   Donalds:72
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:5
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland