walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

No slacking on Duncolm

No slacking on Duncolm

Postby Colhou60 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Duncolm

Date walked: 10/05/2017

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Weather was sunny and warm and I had a day to myself, I have not been walking recently so wanted something near and relatively easy.
Duncolm fitted the bill.
Followed the WH route
Set off down the M8 and across the Erskine bridge and parked at the free car park in Old Kilpatrick.
Followed the path under the Erskine Bridge getting a sense of the size of the. structure then followed the path sign posted Kilpatrick Hills.
Soon you are walking uphill with great views of the Clyde, Erskine Bridge and eventually Dumbarton rock on your left :D.
as you carryon up the path you reach loch Humphrey.
The path becomes less clear but in good visibility Duncolm is in sight.
The views from Duncolm to Ben Lomand are beautiful
carrying on from Duncolm in a southerly direction will get you to the slacks. Here the views of Glasgow are extensive and from here the path to the car is easily picked up.
I met a few folk dog walking at loch Humphrey but thereafter met a couple of people.
A good walk for a short Day
Colhou60
Hill Bagger

Munros:57   Corbetts:7
Fionas:9   Donalds:17
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:76
Wainwrights:111   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland