walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Damhain from Glen Fyne

Ben Damhain from Glen Fyne

Postby SecondRow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Beinn Damhain

Date walked: 26/07/2018

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 23 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ben Damhain3.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Note that the gpx file is a little inaccurate due to my elderly e-trex starting to take a huff.

Decided to take a jaunt up Ben Damhain from the Loch Fyne side, parking at the walker car park just off the main road then cycling past the brewery up to the dam at Alt na Lairg. The final ascent up to the dam is pretty steep, so to be honest I pushed my bike most of the way, but I knew it would make for an easy decent on the way back.

Abandoning my bike at the side of the reservoir, I made my way along the side, dodging sinkholes in the peat, before ascending Ben Damhain.

Returned to the glen more directly then trudged back to my bike at the road end, before making a rapid descend back to the car.

dam.JPG
Attachments
summit.JPG
SecondRow
Walker

Munros:96   Corbetts:26
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:34
Walk wish-list

Re: Ben Damhain from Glen Fyne

Postby Graeme D » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Somewhat drier and altogether more pleasant looking than my experience on this hill from the other side! :lol:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Re: Ben Damhain from Glen Fyne

Postby bdearg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Why ...wait .....what the .....from where to where????????
bdearg
Mountaineer

Munros:164   Corbetts:64
Fionas:37   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:27   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland