walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A morning at Dalwhinnie

A morning at Dalwhinnie

Postby bacon1981 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Route description: Càrn na Caim and A'Bhuidheanach Bheag, Drumochter

Munros included on this walk: A' Bhuidheanach Bheag, Càrn na Caim

Date walked: 25/08/2018

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 19 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Got off to good dry start at about 6:30, I took the bike because I thought it would be good for the descent. I started to wonder if that was a good idea after pushing the bike about half way up the very stoney track. It was handy when I got the fork in the road and the ground was less steep. By the time I got near Carn na Caim the cloud and drizzle had come and visibility was rubbish. Just under two hours to the top and then a quick cycle back to the fork, the route on here shows a detour past the fork but I missed that. Headed off for hill two,dumped the bike and walked up the hill the weather had improved now so I could actually see something. Got to the summit of number two before ten and still hadn't seen another person. Picked up the bike and slowly rolled down the hill back to the car, wasn't very easy to cycle down but it was quite easy on the legs. Back to the car for eleven and off to Aviemore for thunder in the Glen.
bacon1981
Mountaineer

Munros:125   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland