walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners- August

Walk Report Winners- August

Postby webtogs-lauren » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Date walked: 03/09/2018

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

August has drawn to a close and the meteorological autumn is upon us, meaning it’s time to choose the walk report winners for the month of August. It's been a pleasure to read such a wide range of walks for the first time, and has provided some great inspiration for one of our team members heading out to Scotland next week.

It's been hard to choose my first Walk Highlands winners, but two stand-out reports are more than deserving of the Webtogs prizes. This month, I'm happy to announce that the winner of our first prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs goes to Justalittlefurther with the ‘Out The Front Door’ report, and I hope you’ll all agree. A 22 day walk is a fantastic achievement for any age, and the wonderfully written report was truly a relatable pleasure to read.

The runners up for this month have proven fantastic hills and views don’t always need to be high ones. The £30 prize to be spent at Webtogs goes to BlackPanther with ‘In the land of make-believe’, a route filled with some fantastic geological features that make for some astonishing pictures and panoramas.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to compose a report of their adventures, and say congratulations to our winners. I hope September brings the beginning of some fantastic autumnal walks and memories to report.

Lauren, team Webtogs
webtogs-lauren
Hill Bagger

Re: Walk Report Winners- August

Postby Mal Grey » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:07 pm

Congratulations to both!
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby BlackPanther » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 am

That's a surprise! Didn't expect it at all. Thank you :D
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:76   

Postby Justalittlefurther » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm absolutely delighted and incredibly grateful but mainly just dead chuffed folk enjoyed reading my report. Thanks!
Justalittlefurther

Munros:25   Corbetts:9
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:12   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland