walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

That's not Chuil

That's not Chuil

by Stretch » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Route description: Sgiath Chùil and Meall Glas from Glen Lochay

Munros included on this walk: Meall Glas, Sgiath Chùil

Date walked: 20/11/2010

Time taken: 6.45 hours

Distance: 17.5 km

Ascent: 1105m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: That's not Chuil

Postby kevsbald » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 pm

You have good days and bad days on the hill and hopefully the former outweight the latter. It all adds to your hill nous and at least it's two ticks.
100 down, 183 to go....
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:274   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Re: That's not Chuil

Postby fingeez » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:50 pm

haha just read your report after doing these myself yesterday from the south side.

They seem to get some mixed opinions. All i can say is i had a fantastic time on them, didnt find them overly boggy either, was alot of squelchy ground but been on much worse lol. Also bagged my first cloud inversion from the summit of Sgiath Chuil :):):):):) and done a little dance to celebrate .

Will post my own wee report soon

Ross
fingeez
Mountain Walker

Munros:115   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:11

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland