walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall Mor again - this time with a view

Meall Mor again - this time with a view

Postby rob munbett » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 am

Fionas included on this walk: Meall Mór (Glencoe)

Date walked: 07/09/2018

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Last year on the way up to a Corran bunkhouse weekend with friends, I climbed this hill in poor conditions with not much in the way of views. This year, on the way up to Corran, I could see the top as I drove through Glencoe, so I decided another visit to this hill was called for. I parked at the visitor centre and followed the same black forest trail behind the car park on to the blue train leading to the gravel forest road which led all the way to the bealach between Meall Mor and the hill with the mast on it.
P1040055(1).JPG
Meall Mor (summit L) from the felled area
Just beyond the track up to the mast on the right, there was a boggy track through the felled area to the left leading on to the hillside. I followed a deer fence up to a metal gate and once through this I plodded steeply up the rough grassy slopes to a cairn on the sw top.
P1040060(1).JPG
Looking over to the summit from the SW top
From here, it was a very pleasant saunter across to the summit, where I sat for a while enjoying views I had missed (mist) last year.
P1040064(1).JPG
Approaching the summit
P1040065(1).JPG
Summit view up Glencoe
It felt very satisfying. I just went back to the car park by the route of ascent.
View from meall Mor pan(1).JPG
A pan of Sgorr Dearg and Ballachuilish bridge

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland