walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners- September

Walk Report Winners- September

Postby webtogs-lauren » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:43 am

Date walked: 08/10/2018

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another month has drawn to a close and autumn is well and truly upon us. The change in seasons and weather has brought some new challenges to everyone's walk reports, truly making them a pleasure to read.

However, there can only be one winner, and this month we'd love to award our first prize of £60 to johnscot55 with the 'DIDN'T then almost wished I HADN'T. Glad I DID!' report. This report sounded like no mean feat, but the views from the summit look like they made everything worth it.

Our £30 prize goes to kevsbald with the Beinn Eighe - should be one of your 5 a lifetime. The photos provided are stunning, providing an extra layer to a fantastic walk report; I look forward to seeing this completed in winter if you do!

Thank you to all who entered a report, and congratulations to the winners. I look forward to reading everyone's inspirational reports next month!
webtogs-lauren
Hill Bagger

Re: Walk Report Winners- September

Postby kevsbald » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Wahay!! Bonzer.
Thank you very much. It was a magical day and I'll enjoy my vouchers.
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby johnscot55 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Hugely surprised, and to be honest, a tad embarrassed to be a WH winner, when I think of all the great reports I've read on the site recently. However, looking forward to spending some guilt free cash. Off to Webtogs!
johnscot55
Mountain Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:8   

Postby Mal Grey » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Congratulations to both!
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland