walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Munro Bagged

Munro Bagged

Postby StruanRobertson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Date walked: 14/10/2018

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 11.9 km

Ascent: 974m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was my first EVER munro! and I think the start of a new hobby! My brother Neill climbed this with me and we both loved it! it was pretty gruelling and was steep from the start. Instead of coming down the way we came up a friend told me if you go down the other side of the summit theres a path down that completes the loop. So glad we found this path after "dreeping" down some rocky outcrops as this path offered some of the best views of Loch Lomond.

At the very start of the walk there is a lovely kept public shelter with clean toilets and a well stocked tourist leaflet shelf. Car parking on the shore of Loch Lomond for £3 for the full day is fantastic.

Bumped in to lots of friendly people along the way including a lovely little dog at the summit!

27000 steps

4000kcal

5 hours
Attachments
bc74563b-8dac-4c95-b9e9-72c3932ab3c4.jpg
StruanRobertson
Mountain Walker

Munros:1   

Re: Munro Bagged

Postby Fingal2018 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Congratulations from another (fairly) recent Munro starter :clap: There are so many fantastic hills out there and the Outdoor Access Code makes it all the more worthwhile - Scotland truly is the world's #1 here. The only thing that protects me from becoming a full-on Munro bagger is that I always have to travel to Scotland first :(
Fingal2018
Mountaineer

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:3   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland