walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Is this hike worth your time? (with video)

Is this hike worth your time? (with video)

Postby Karl Brobakk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Route description: Rubha Hunish

Date walked: 04/10/2018

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 8.5 km

Ascent: 340m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

How difficult is this hike, and should you make it a priority?

The hike from the parking to the bothy is easy, it will take you about 30 minutes. From the bothy you have to hike West until you get to the fence. Cross the first one, and hike along the second one. This is where you decend. The trail is good and most people will be ok with hiking down here. When you get down it is easy hiking. The coastline is beautiful with many nice rock formations. It is pretty cool to be at the Northernmost point of the island, and the sunset is great as well. I enjoyed this hike and I think it is well worth the effort and the time. Make sure you visit the bothy as well.

Use the link bellow to check out my video from Rubha Hunish if you are interested. Starting 9 minutes and 50 seconds into the video.

Karl Brobakk

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland