Why do so many people go to see the Fairy pools?
This hike is busy with a lot of people hiking in jeans and tennis shoes.
There might be a lot of reasons for the big crowds, here are some of them:
1) It is an easy hike
2) The hike is hyped up
3) The Fairy pools are pretty
4) The Cuillin mountains are in the background.
5) You can swim here (which would be nice in the summer)
What are you not getting when doing this hike:
2) The best views of the Cuillins
3) Free parking (unless you park on the shoulder)
4) A full day hike and the workout that comes along with that
5) An interesting hike (except for the Fairy pools themselves)
If you are really into photography or want to swim, then this might be the hike for you. If you are looking for something more than a short walk along a river along with a lot of other people, then you should pick another hike.
Use the link bellow to check out my video from the Fairy pools if you are interested. Starting 11 minutes and 20 seconds into the video.
Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.