walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Dunan (Camel's Hump) - Ardnadam Heritage Trail

Dunan (Camel's Hump) - Ardnadam Heritage Trail

Postby over2u » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Route description: Dunan - the Camel's Hump, Ardnadam

Date walked: 30/11/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had a spare hour, so decided to go up a small hill locally known as the camels hump dressed in snow:) Short walk with nice views of the holy loch, clyde and nearby hills especially considering the height.

I parked at the loskin carpark to save a little time.. (enough to build a small snowman)
photo not available

Near the start of the path going up
photo not available

Dug out rock, used to form the new path that the forestry have made linking the road to Bishop's Glen.
photo not available

I'm sure there was a path there..
photo not available

photo not available

Small bare cairn..
photo not available

Some views from the top.. with time to build a wee snowman before I slid back down using a baking tray :D

photo not available

photo not available

A fun and easy walk suiteable for kids, its part of the ardanadam heritage trail. Theres tons of local small walks in my town and a lot of them have a lot of historic value :)
over2u
Mountaineer

Munros:20   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:4   

Re: Dunan (Camel's Hump) - Ardnadam Heritage Trail

Postby retrogear » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Is your snowman conducting an orchestra? It looks like there is a conductor's baton in its hand.
retrogear

Postby over2u » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:10 am

retrogear wrote:Is your snowman conducting an orchestra? It looks like there is a conductor's baton in its hand.

lol :) nah he's doing a snow dance :P
over2u
Mountaineer

Postby 2dalmatians » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Wow! I never thought I'd see a report for the Camels Hump or Cammy's Hump as we use to call it. This was the first hill of anykind I climbed that had a cairn at the top. I grew up in Dunoon and climbed this when I was in P7 so around 30 years ago! Nice to see the pics too. The views are still stunning!
2dalmatians
Mountaineer

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:7   

Postby over2u » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 am

The wee link no reports yet... be the 1st was too tempting :) besides it has found memories for me from long time ago as well :P tis changed a lot in recent years...

are you still in dunoon out if interest :)
over2u
Mountaineer

Postby 2dalmatians » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:39 pm

No I moved away around 20 years ago and haven't been back for over 10. I live near Stirling now.
2dalmatians
Mountaineer

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:7   

Postby over2u » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:04 pm

not missing much lol :) stirling nice. Cowal gathering has changed a lot since you were last here... no more drinking in the streets which is a shame, its lost a lot of the atmosphere ;/
over2u
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland