walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tarbert to Garelochhead: a nice sunny, swampy walk

Tarbert to Garelochhead: a nice sunny, swampy walk

Postby croala » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Route description: Three Lochs Way: Garelochhead to Arrochar / Tarbet

Date walked: 19/11/2018

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 20 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The weather was so sunny on that sunday :wink: so I had to do a hike or walk.
I decided between the Cobbler hike and this walk... and finally I take the walk instead of hiking.

First said, good boots are neseccary due to a lot of swamp parts on the track. Furthermore I would recommend long shorts, cause a lot of high grass.

The walk itself was beautiful. With a good view to the different Loch`s.
For navigation I downloaded the route from this site and imported it into my komoot app. Everytime I wasn't sure which way I had to go, I have taken a look, but I would say it is also doable without a navigation system or just a screenshot of the route.

Additional I add a few photos, taken on 18.10.2018.
I am not a native speaker so pls don`t be sharp with my written english :)

usefull: in Arrochar is a nice Restaurant/Bar, where one can get a warm drink when waiting for the train.

passed the forrest part

a nice view 3/5 passed

behind that road should be another nice view

Arrochar

Bridge to go to Tarbet slightly after passig Arrochar

Loch Lomond
croala

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland