walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tyrebagger Hill

Tyrebagger Hill

Postby Gordon Ballantyne » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Date walked: 18/11/2018

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 6.5 km

Ascent: 230m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Aberdeenshire Humps.jpg
The Aberdeenshire Humps

Need to work out which of the HUMPS have dual nationality with the Aberdeenshire Marilyns, Corbetts and Grahams from the Hill-baggers site !

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last century, as my company had moved from Kirkhill to Pitmedden Rd in Dyce, I'd wandered over Tyrebagger via Brimmond & Elrick hills, when I'd experimented with walking to work, . The experiment proved that walking was impracticable, so here I was, many years later, armed with my Humps list, aiming for the top this time.
Parked up at a big, but busy car park in the trees off the main road.
GordonC & Harvey were with me on a driech day, with showers periodically brushing through. The trees provided a fair bit of shelter from the rain and chilly breeze coming off the N.Sea.
Seemed to be a popular dog-walking venue, but soon we left them behind as we headed uphill, eventually getting to the trig and Tappie Tower.

Retreating from the Tillie Tower.jpg
Retreating from Tappie Tower

When the rain started again, we headed off down on a circular route home, passing an abandoned barra. GordonC thought it was for tired auld geezers to get barra'd hame ! Nice thought !

GordonC's  TOG rescue barra.jpg
GordonC's TOG rescue barra

We crossed over our upward path and took the low road back to the car - an enjoyable saunter.
Gordon Ballantyne
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:90
Fionas:20   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:59   

Re: Tyrebagger Hill

Postby neil684 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:55 am

What a coincidence: just back from a visit to grandchildren nearby. One daughter mentioned Tappie Tower so went to it with other daughter and three grandchildren. Had a great time geocaching on the way up and the kids thought the tower was brilliant.
Attachments
IMG_0230.jpg
neil684
Mountain Walker

Re: Tyrebagger Hill

Postby Gordon Ballantyne » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:05 pm

The bairns seem to be having a great time !
Gordon Ballantyne
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:90
Fionas:20   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:59   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland