walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ardyne Clyde View Walk

Ardyne Clyde View Walk

Postby over2u » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:19 am

Route description: Ardyne and the Chinese Ponds

Date walked: 02/12/2010

Time taken: 1.5 hours

Distance: 3.5 km

Ascent: 160m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Weather was pretty dull this morning, small walk starting from "Forestry Commission's Ardyne car park." Some nice views can be found, especially on a nice day.

Parts of the trail follow sections of the original estate paths, which date back to Victorian times. The path takes you on a gentle stroll through young native woodland, past the Ivy Bridge and the picturesque Ornamental Ponds - an ideal spot for a picnic and took the opportunity for it :) I managed to take my daughter in her pram around the path without too much difficulty it's only slightly overgrown in a couple of places:D

over2u
Mountaineer

Munros:20   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:4   

Re: Ardyne Clyde View Walk

Postby rockhopper » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:09 pm

looks like a nice walk to get you out in the fresh air over2u - it's amazing how many walks there are around with great views on our doorstep :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Re: Ardyne Clyde View Walk

Postby over2u » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 pm

theirs hidden gems all over the place :)

a good example if i ever manage "wheres the pic" ... got a cracker to post..

Image And wondering how many people here, IF ANY have been there theres a wee underground lochan.. white sand... and tis also relatively close to me..
over2u
Mountaineer

Munros:20   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:4   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland