walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners - November

Walk Report Winners - November

Postby Webtogs » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Date walked: 07/12/2018

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

As November draws to a close we reflect on what has been a fantastic month for walk reports. It appears we have been blessed with plenty of glorious weather and as such plenty of days to capture our walks and share them with others. As always it has been hard to choose but there can only be one winner and one runner up.

For the winner's prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs we chose "Holding my breath on Beinn Dearg" by peregrino. This looked like the perfect day for an adventure and we particularly enjoyed the accompanying pictures.

For the runner's up prize of £30 to spend at Webtogs we decided on "The Brocken Spectre Show on Bidean nam Bian" by Chris Mac. This walk didn't look to be for the faint of heart but was rewarded by simply stunning views.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit a report this month; we have thoroughly enjoyed hearing what you have been up to.

Until next time,

Webtogs
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Walk Report Winners - November

Postby Chris Mac » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:42 pm

I only just spotted this, thanks very much! It was indeed a fantastic day and a big thanks to Iain for choosing the perfect walk on such an incredible mountain, we were very lucky to see so many Brocken spectres. :D
Chris Mac

Munros:61   Corbetts:36
Fionas:25   Donalds:28+13
Sub 2000:74   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:21   

Re: Walk Report Winners - November

Postby peregrino » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Wow, I was quite speechless for a while, thank you very much!
I would like to donate the prize to Walkhighlands, for providing this fantastic website that has given me so much inspiration!
peregrino
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:59
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:5   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland