walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Torridon High Bivvy – Reality Exceeding Expectations

Torridon High Bivvy – Reality Exceeding Expectations

by andygunn23 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Route description: Beinn Eighe (western summits)

Munros included on this walk: Ruadh-stac Mòr (Beinn Eighe), Spidean Coire nan Clach (Beinn Eighe)

Date walked: 16/11/2018

Time taken: 17 hours

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 1116m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Torridon High Bivvy – Reality Exceeding Expectations

Postby Highlander282 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:47 pm

WOW! What else can i say??
Highlander282

Munros:228   Corbetts:4
Fionas:2   

Re: Torridon High Bivvy – Reality Exceeding Expectations

Postby Gairloch Bob » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi Andrew (and Andrew and Andrew) -

What a brilliant trip! I live just up the road and have not yet had such a wonderful experience on Beinn Eighe. Thank you so much for the most excellent pictures. It is a shame that long drives sometimes seem to rip a great trip from the mind, but you clearly had one that will remain branded to your synapses forever. I wasn't there, but your trip is now in MY mind's eye!

Such experiences are almost impossible put into words, not enough of them to ever capture the thing - that's why we all do these things, crazy to most, just our 'normal'!

Thanks again, Bob.
Gairloch Bob
Scrambler

31 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland