walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Nae views again

Nae views again

Postby Fife Flyer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Route description: Cruach Àrdrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 20/01/2019

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 12.5 km

Ascent: 1020m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A last minute outing after an invite from George and the hills were 'hand' picked by John. Parminder was away on another family visit down in the big smoke so a couple of hills were ideally picked that Parminder has already done. Forecast was OK albeit no views until about 2pm ish, which was during our final descent.
The plan George and John came up with was to meet at the Mhor 84 car park and then head for the car park at the start.
The participants as well as George and John were Alistair (John's son), Joe (John's brother) and Badge.

The way ahead

Looking back whilst waiting for the stragglers

Image[
Slightly higher up

Views very similar to last months trek up Stob Binein as the start point was the same

Looking south

The way ahead and up

Gaining height

Kind of shows how cold it was and going to get colder

Very impressive bunch of "tites"

Nearly in the cloud

Reached the white stuff

Last view of the loch

Arty shot

Let the fun begin

There are no photo's from the final ascent, summit and initial descent of Tulaichean, it was far too cold and I couldn't be bothered and didn't want to take my gloves off. We ate our lunch in a kind of sheltered bit on BT and then said our goodbyes to John and his co-pilots.

Lots of white and grey

My Ardrain buddy

Nice rock formation

Summit of Ardrain and George doing his silly pose

A very, very brief glimpse of blue sky, luckily I was quick with my phone to record it

Ardrain summit

Very icy poles

Descending now

More tites on the descent

Snow layer very obvious during our descent down to the path

Still a bit of descending to do

Finally on the path/track which takes us back to the cars

A few photo's that I took on my camera, mainly zoomed ones.

Cracking day out and it was bitterly cold on Tulaichean, huge thanks to George for driving.
Planning to head out on Thursday as the forecast looks promising, going to tackle the 3 near Newtonmore.
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland