walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ledi snow fest

Ben Ledi snow fest

Postby U059361 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Route description: Ben Ledi

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Ledi

Date walked: 24/01/2019

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 7.5 km

Ascent: 735m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Great walk in the snow from bottom to top.and back again. A couple of inches of loose snow lower down, but compacted on the path, if you've got spikes put them on, a lot easier to walk. 6 inches of snow and more near the top as the wind and sun has kept the sunny side clear of deep snow unless you wander off the path. I tried out my new winter boots in snow for the first time and they were great with the spikes and gaiters so coming back down couldn't resist the deeper snow to really get them into the powder stuff.Weather was great too, sunny with little or no wind. Path well marked and obvious all the way to the top. Had hot lentil soup and a farl for lunch at the top and then belted back down again. 2 hours up and only an hour coming back down. Really glad I decided to go for a walk today, even with the late start of 11:00am.
Attachments
wh15.jpg
Snow crusted cross
wh16.jpg
Panorama of munros, Lomond to More
wh14jpg.jpg
Loch Venachar and beyond
wh14.jpg
Top trig point with cross in background
wh13.jpg
View back to Stirling
wh12.jpg
Loch Lubnaig
wh11.jpg
The start of the walk, with Ledi in background
wh10.jpg
The bridge over to the car park

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

Re: Ben Ledi snow fest

Postby Graeme D » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Nice looking outing. High time I hauled my sorry ass back up Ledi again. Been way too long! :shock:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland