walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn Bhac

Carn Bhac

Postby thand » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Bhac

Date walked: 04/08/2018

Time taken: 4.25 hours

Distance: 17 km

Ascent: 701m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Lynn and Daniel headed up to Turra for the show on the Friday night so as it was a good forecast arranged to walk with Brad and his Brother in Law.

Had previously whimped out of adding this to a long route from Dalmunzie house with EJ due to length and weather (turned out the right call) so had been looking at this for a solo or camp.

Met them early at the Inverey car park. Sun was out and cloud was high.
Brad and BiL were testing out the rucksack brad had bought for travelling by planning to camp somethwere off the back and drink a load of whicky, but I had to get back due to the show.

Walk was good bace up Glen Ey on the track, before we turned off. We headed up the climb up the lanny track. Stopped at the top for food then cut off North to Carn bhac. Was a boggy climb but we soon hit stoney ground and the flat summit.

Quite a few people on top so we ate and then I left them to their plans.

HEaded to the next summit north then cut off down the shoulder towards the battery. This was quite boggy goign and I was glad it had been a dry spell.

The battery looked cool, as if part of it had just slid off.

From hear I head off the eastery fork down the heather until I picked up the lanny track on the east side of the river.

It was hot a sheltered in the valley but made good time along the west side of the river.

Saw an adder in the path sunning himself but he slthered off before I could get a photo.

Back to the car for lunch time where I finished my food before a good drive over the Lecht to Turra for Hendry's magical BBQ.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

thand
Munro compleatist

Munros:192   Corbetts:12
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:8   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland