walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Dumyat from Pendreich Car Park

Dumyat from Pendreich Car Park

Postby Aye gee ess » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:21 pm

Route description: Dumyat by the hill path

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Dumyat

Date walked: 26/02/2019

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 7.5 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Have just been up to the top of Dumyat for the first time ever. Having looked it up when I got back I was very surprised to see that it is listed as taking 2-3 hours. I am very unfit and took 5 rests on the way up including one during which I made two brief sketches, stopped to chat to a family at the top, read the memorials and even at that I was back to my car within two hours.

The weather today was glorious and the path almost dry. This walk has path almost all the way now and there are only a couple of rocky sections where there is not path laid down. I tried and failed to get to the top a couple of years ago and there has been an immense amount of work done on the route since then. It is an easy climb for the reasonably fit and is used by dog walkers, mountain bikers, families, runners, and grannies with toddlers in back packs. Had a great walk and chuffed with myself for finally managing to get up this hill.
Aye gee ess
Ambler

Re: Dumyat from Pendreich Car Park

Postby johnscot55 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:00 pm

If you're looking to increase the challenge just a little bit, (lower starting point) it can be done a couple of ways from Blairlogie car park just before Menstrie.
johnscot55
Mountain Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:8   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland