walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Blue Skies on The Hill of God

Blue Skies on The Hill of God

Postby wilkiemurray » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 am

Date walked: 19/01/2019

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A quick half day blast up Ben Ledi on a fine (but rare winters day this year). First time I've been up Ben Ledi since the path reopened and the tree felling had taken place here. Last trip was up via Stank Glen a few years ago now. Was a tad breezy n top but the view were magnificent as always on the way up and down! A cracking way to spend a morning in The Trossachs :)
wilkiemurray

Re: Blue Skies on The Hill of God

Postby Alteknacker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:21 am

This is one I've admired from a distance, but haven't managed to get up yet. I could have wished you a little more snow on the summit - more like those northern hills you show. The last time I saw BL it was like this - absolutely magical!
Ben Ledi Dec 2017.jpg
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Re: Blue Skies on The Hill of God

Postby EmmaKTunskeen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Lovely film,as ever, and great to see the views, as well as the trees planted by the kids in 2017. I was up the year before on a very cloudy viewless day, the path was under construction and the trees not yet conceived... Glad you had such a gorgeous - if wind-blasted! - day.
Attachments
006 Memorial cross to Sgt Harry Lawrie from Killin MR (2).JPG
EmmaKTunskeen
Mountain Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:41   Islands:24

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland