walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners - March

Walk Report Winners - March

Postby Webtogs » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Date walked: 01/04/2019

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

With the threat of April Fool's now passed the time has come to announce our winning walk reports for March. As always they have been a pleasure to read and provide the Webtogs team with entertainment, a break and some much needed adventure inspiration.

For the first prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs we decided on "A Wee Shortie on (and off) the Watershed" by rohan. We thought this sounded like an excellent day trip, and what great luck to have encountered so much of our often elusive wildlife. We hope this £60 voucher helps you get kitted out for your next adventure.

For the runners up prize of £30 to spend at Webtogs we picked "Horns of Alligin Winter Traverse - Wild Weather in Torridon" by DizzyVizion. We really enjoyed the fantastic video edit which had us on the edge of our seats! What a thrilling winter adventure.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit a walk report this month. The information that they provide is invaluable and of course they are a true pleasure to read.

Until next time, happy adventuring.

The Webtogs Team
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Walk Report Winners - March

Postby rohan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 pm

I can't quite believe this, there were so many excellent reports I feel humbled that you picked my one. My journey along the Watershed has taken the toll on my gear so the £60 voucher is very welcome! Congratulations to DizzyVision too.
rohan

Postby Alteknacker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:49 pm

A really well deserved winner. And well worth reading the previous 10 or so reports, that start with the beginning of the watershed walk - it's a very unusual - but superb - view of the Scottish mountains.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby DizzyVizion » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm

Wow! :o
I'm totally taken aback by this, thank you so much.
And BIG congratulations to rohan! Such an outstanding report :clap: a real grand adventure.Superb! :D :thumbup:
DizzyVizion
Stravaiging

Munros:28   

Postby rohan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks Dizzy, your video had me gripped, great stuff. Looks quite a challenge. I traversed the Horns in summer (but windy conditions) back in the day when I still had a head for heights.
rohan

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland