walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Auchnafree Hill while holidaying in Crief

Auchnafree Hill while holidaying in Crief

Postby Beaner001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:06 pm

Route description: Auchnafree Hill from Loch Turret

Corbetts included on this walk: Auchnafree Hill

Date walked: 05/09/2018

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 623m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Nice day walking in from Loch Turret. Must be the shortest travelling distance i've ever done to the start of a hill walk, we were staying at Crief Hydro for the week. Saw Buzzards, Red Kites, Ravens and deer today. Luckily i checked the gps for the summit as the big cairn was not the summit and there was a stalker parked on the summit with his quad bike so i moved him on so i could touch it, although all the stones had been removed so no cairn there when i was there.
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland