walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Fhada in the sun and wind

Beinn Fhada in the sun and wind

Postby kleighton » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Route description: Beinn Fhada, from Morvich

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Fhada

Date walked: 22/04/2019

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 16.75 km

Ascent: 1234m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hot and sunny Easter Monday. The best place to be was up a mountain. I had completed A'Ghlas Beinn last week in cloud and decided to come back to Morvich this week to complete Beinn Fhada and see the views. I was not disappointed the weather was wonderful. Sunny and clear with views for miles. Enough wind higher up to make walking cooler and really pleasant.
A straightforward walk up the valley then contoured round a beautiful corrie and up the ridge to the summit. Very windy up there! So I decided to retrace my steps and miss out on the "slabby scramble" on the alternative descent. Return walk was very peaceful with a few stops for water and picnic. A fantastic day.
kleighton
Munro compleatist

Munros:224   Corbetts:27
Fionas:52   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:37   Hewitts:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland