walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners - April

Walk Report Winners - April

Postby Webtogs » Thu May 09, 2019 11:19 am

Date walked: 09/05/2019

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Once again the time has come to announce the walk report winners for the previous month. Apologies that our April announcement is coming a little bit late; we have been out on location at Mam Tor and Winnats Pass enjoying our own work based adventures and you're sure to see the fruits of our labour beginning to pop up on our website, social channels and email newsletters soon.

As always your reports have been a true pleasure to read; we never tire of seeing your photos and videos or hearing about your encounters. However there can only be one winner and we decided that for the first prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs that would be "Elegy for Glen Etive - a different way up Ben Starav" by HalfManHalfTitanium. We were really impressed by this write up and the beautiful photos that accompanied it. This looked to have been a great choice of route and perfect weather conditions.

For the runner's up prize of £30 to spend at Webtogs we chose "Beautiful Glen Affric : 2 Munros, clear day, sun & some snow" by Petr Dakota. Thank you for providing some superb photos and video, it looked like your day out was well worth the early start!

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to submit a walk report this month. We can't wait to hear what you get up to in May!

Until next time,

The Webtogs Team
Webtogs
Mountain Walker

Re: Walk Report Winners - April

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Thu May 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Thank you!

I looked at your report today in order to find out about some nice trip reports to read over my lunch break at work.

To my huge surprise I read this

"However there can only be one winner and we decided that for the first prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs that would be "Elegy for Glen Etive - a different way up Ben Starav" by HalfManHalfTitanium."

Thank you - I'm delighted!

It's brightened up my very dull and wet day here in Birmingham!

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:89   Corbetts:10
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:103   

Re: Walk Report Winners - April

Postby Petr Dakota » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Thank you :shock: :o :D
Congratulations to Tim - great report, great route and great day in the mountains ! :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

All the Best to all members of WH !
Petr
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:239   Corbetts:27
Grahams:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:16
Wainwrights:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland