walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My Minimalist Report

My Minimalist Report

Postby johnscot55 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Route description: Beinn Dòrain & Beinn an Dòthaidh, Bridge of Orchy

Munros included on this walk: Beinn an Dòthaidh

Date walked: 14/05/2019

Time taken: 5.75 hours

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I returned to climb this hill after skipping it on Easter Friday after I had climbed Beinn Dorain with my grandson.
Don't think I can add any great insight to this hill, which I'm sure is well known to most members. Only to say that, on this particularly glorious day, when I found myself alone on the most western of the three summits, overlooking Loch Tulla and the A82 road and the curve that begins the climb (or descent) to (or from) Rannoch Moor, taking in Ben Nevis, Stob Ghabhar and so many other mountains visible in all directions, using Flightradar24 to identify the planes flying overhead in the clear blue sky, I COULD HAVE HAPPILY SAT THERE ALL DAY!. HEAVEN :D !!!

In the coire.jpg
In the Coire
Summit Selfie.jpg
Summit Selfie
Beinn Dorain.jpg
Beinn Dorain.
Rannoch Moor between Beinn an Dothaidh and Beinn Achaladair..jpg
Rannoch Moor between Beinn an Dothaidh and Beinn Achaladair.
20190514_124139.jpg
Helpful Ben Nevis finder!
Western summit cairn and Loch Tulla..jpg
Western summit cairn of BaD and Loch Tulla.
johnscot55
Mountain Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:8   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland