walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Adventures in Knoydart

Adventures in Knoydart

by PeteR » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:55 pm

Route description: Ladhar Bheinn from Inverie, Knoydart

Munros included on this walk: Ladhar Bheinn, Luinne Bheinn, Meall Buidhe (Knoydart)

Corbetts included on this walk: Sgùrr Coire Choinnichean

Date walked: 04/05/2019

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Adventures in Knoydart

Postby PeteR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Chris Mac wrote:Superb Pete that was an enjoyable read and well done persevering with the scramble successfully! :clap: :clap:

It looks like a stunning area of mountains, I've already got several routes plotted out that way as Iain is looking likely to finish on those three later this year, looking forward to visiting even more now (although not too keen on the pint prices) especially the Ladhar Bheinn summit scramble!

The deer certainly like it up there by the looks of things, i've never seen so many near a summit! Cracking photos too, thanks for sharing. :D

Thanks Chris. There was a distinct lack of wildlife when I was there recently. I'd hoped for a few more deer than the few I saw on the Friday.

Enjoy your trip when you get there
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby PeteR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Cracking TR Ptete and kudos for persevering when you didn't feel 100%,I've still LB do do after bailing out last summer,I won't be doing a loop, straight up and back down same way for me .

Thanks Willie. It was good to get these hills done. I'm even thinking I might like to return, even though I was adamant on the Ladhar Bheinn day I would never return :lol:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Fife Flyer wrote:The wait for the 'finale' was worth it Pete, I was beginning to wonder if you would ever actually set foot on Knoydart (again).
Cracking read, well scripted and you described your feelings and emotions very well.
You should have studied my photo's of the scrambly bit, may have saved you a bit of extra ascent/descent!!!

I was hoping to return to Knoydart this year but that doesn't look like happening.

Look forward to the final instalment of your journey (Sgurr Mor) and looking forward to catching up soon at Ratagan.

Thanks Martin

I think I was doubting myself as well, even when I was there. Glad I stuck with it though. The final instalment is taking a bit of time to craft, but will hopefully post eventually. I spent a fiver on a flag, so want to make sure people see the photos of it :lol:

Unfortunately I won't be at Ratagan, as I'll be at Solverstone watching cars go round and round and round.......I will be at the Autumn meet though :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Klaasloopt wrote:Thanks for this Pete!
What a nice read, much suspense and good info (and high ratings for Sgurr Coire Choinnichean).
Like others here, I will admit to you, when I climbed the bad bit on Ladhar Beinn, I looked round to see whether anyone had noticed my inelegant technique :lol:

Thanks Klaasloopt
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:44 pm

old danensian wrote:Well done on making a success of the trip.
Persistence pays off - it was clearly a memorable trip out to Knoydart and LB is already top of my repeat list after seeing your photographs.
Looking forward to the next report with even more anticipation now - then I’ll offer the congratulations to Mr 6493 R
OD / Nigel

Thanks Nigel. Hopefully I'll get my compleation report drafted at some point. It's started, but life just seems to get in the way.....
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Alteknacker wrote:An excellent read, and some great pics - I especially like 0032 and 0144. And well done for managing it with a dicky tum.

The pleasure of exploring this area still awaits me...

Thanks. I suspect you will enjoy it once you get there
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby kevsbald » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm

H pylori is commonly associated with increased stomach acid (and anxiety) - did doc offer you abx? Might need them to clear it up.
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby kevsbald » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm

PS - highly enjoyable report.
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby Jaxter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Magic - a place I've still to get to but maybe you've given the kick up the ass I need to get there this summer 8)

Cracking photos of a fab weekend :clap:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:139
Fionas:90   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:129   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

18 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland