walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Easter Weekend in Inverness

Easter Weekend in Inverness

Postby Jaxter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:11 am

Route description: Càrn na h-Easgainn, near Moy

Fionas included on this walk: Càrn na h-Easgainn

Date walked: 20/04/2019

Time taken: 1.45 hours

Distance: 7.67 km

Ascent: 348m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I’d been up bright and early (well, relatively early but perhaps not so bright :lol: ) and headed from my camp spot into Inverness to meet Malcy for pancakes, ice cream and a wee nosy around Leakey’s Book Shop (what a treasure trove!)

As it turns out we should have got going because by the time we made it to the parking area near Moy it had started to spit with rain :roll:

We set off up the landrover track – I’d been promised an easy 45 minute walk to the top, as is often the case this figure was pulled out of Malcy’s backside :lol:

Less than 10 minutes from the car we had to stop to add waterproofs and the weather deteriorated further as we walked, putting an end to any decent photos or chat :lol:

We found our..lodgings…and set about making the place as cosy as possible for the night. Although it rained pretty consistently all evening it did clear a bit later on

Out towards Strath Nairn where we would be cycling the next day

We got a fire going and chilled

Atmospheric

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning turned out to be much nicer!

We packed our things and headed to the summit

It was a much more pleasant walk back down – no rain, but it was getting warm!

carn an h-easgainn camp.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

We headed back up the road to Inverness, Malcy picked up his bike and we were off 8) The first leg was out to Loch Ness where we stopped at the Dores Inn for a photo (far too busy for food, it being Easter Sunday and all)

From here there was a huge hill where we had to stop for views, obviously :wink:

Then there was a lovely cycle around some lochs

We stopped for a picnic

And headed back into Inverness for more icecream – there were so many flavours to try, it seemed rude not to see how many I could get through in one weekend!

The holidays were over. All that was left was to head back down the road, so obviously we went for more tea and then sat by a friends fire pit for hours eating pizza and I ended up getting home at 2am. Ah well, what are holidays for :lol:

loch ness & strath nairn loop.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland