walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Didn't Enjoy This One!

Didn't Enjoy This One!

Postby DTChristie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 pm

Route description: Dundeugh Forest, near Dalry

Date walked: 19/06/2019

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 7 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Sadly this is probably our least favourite route on Blair's adventures so far. The "path" or road was a constant 7km of sharp edged rocks which were extremely uncomfortable under foot. Even with half decent walking shoes on. (Karimoor).

The monotonous route broke for barely 100 meters half way round for a view over the loch but then it was back to the tunnel vision tree lined path with the walking on broken glass experience. Others have said previously that you could use a pushchair or cycle this route so I'm guessing the new sharp large rock chips may be a new surface. Until this is smoothed over, I'd avoid.

There was forestry commission work going on so I'd swerve this one for now. 1 star! Path terrain shown in the video.

DTChristie
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland