walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vrackie

Ben Vrackie

Postby Justdrums » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:03 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Vrackie

Date walked: 22/06/2019

Time taken: 4.25 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 787m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Parked at the lower car park and set off at 11:30. It's a lovely walk through the woods along side burn which on occasions is quite steep sided. Lots of magical potential as E would say. No-one else was on the path at all. I thought Ben Vrackie would be busy as well. Little did know.
40 mins in I came across two benches. One had two memorial plaques on it.
R-20190622_121018.jpg
One of the two benches

After about an hour, I started on the long steep path to the summit. This is a fantastic path. At this point the hill started getting a lot busier.
R-20190622_130603.jpg
1 hr 35 miins after start - on the steep path, looking back to the way I came

After two hours, I made it to the top. Found a nice lunch spot looking over to Carn Liath and Ben a Glho ('scuse spelling).
R-20190622_133443.jpg
Lunch looking towards Carn Liath

After lunch had a look at the other less busy top and took a photo looking back at the main top.
R-20190622_140951.jpg
Looking north towards the main top from the other top

Coming back down was fine apart from my jelly legs on the steep steps. Had one last look back.
R-20190622_145024.jpg
Last look back

Back at the car in 4 hrs in 15 mins. Lovely walk back through the woods.
Justdrums
Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:15
Fionas:17   Donalds:50+17
Sub 2000:23   
Islands:18

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland