walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Trilleachan

Beinn Trilleachan

Postby Coop » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Trilleachan

Date walked: 08/07/2019

Time taken: 4.6 hours

Distance: 10.3 km

Ascent: 1000m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Great day, peaceful and quiet all the way up and never saw another soul until I was descending to the tree line again.
Boggy route up the fenceline and 2 fern fields to get through- only about 5ft in places!!
The path turns left abruptly and then Peter's in and out on the way up. Pick the best line you think and head up. Crags are easily avoided. Sone nice gulleys to peer down
Great views from the summit today. Cruachan in front, mighty Ben Starav on my left, beinn sgulaird on my right, the Bookils and ballachulish hills behind.
And back the way I'd come up
Had a wee sit down at loch etive at the end to enjoy the scenery - breathtaking- lovely Glen
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland