walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Merrick murk

Merrick murk

Postby U059361 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:57 pm

Route description: The Merrick, from Loch Trool

Corbetts included on this walk: Merrick

Donalds included on this walk: Merrick

Date walked: 08/07/2019

Time taken: 3.75 hours

Distance: 13.25 km

Ascent: 875m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The walk was done in hope that the weather would be kind and the clouds covering the tops would lift, however it didn't so walked to the trig point through the cloud. A good clear path to the top so no issues. It was a bit rough at the start. lots of boulders and puddles to negotiate but when the bothy comes into view the path improves. Climbing up and out of the forest beyond the bothy is rocky and wet but once out and the made path reached it is straightforward to the top of Benyellary. It is a good viewpoint. Didn't hang around in the cold and cloud so I was back at the gate at the foot of Benyellary before I had my lunch.
Attachments
whmer2.jpg
Benyellary view of Merrick
whmer1.jpg
Start of the walk
U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland